Winter shares consist of a once-a-month pickup of:
- fresh organic baby greens (the only place you will find fresh organic local greens mid-winter!)
- 1-2 dozen of our own farm-fresh eggs, and our own stored vegetables
• Potatoes (includes different kinds: fingerlings, red, white, blue, etc.)
• Sweet potatoes
• Winter squash (includes different kinds: delicata, butternut, acorn, spaghetti, etc.)
• Celery rootThe winter share will be a once-a-month pickup and will cost $35 per month for four months, for a total of $140. The value of produce over the season will be equal to or above the price. Tentatively we are planning on having pickups in December, February, March and April (no pickup in January). We will run the pickups so no volunteer time will be required. Pickup times are as follows (Exact dates TBA):
• At the Riverhead farm: Sat & Sun anytime during the day (self service pickup);
• Williamsburg, Brooklyn: Sat between 9am-12pm;
• Ansche Chesed: Wednesdays from 5-7pm.
Winter shares can be purchased by sending a check for $140 with your contact information (name, address, phone & email) and pickup location to:Garden of Eve, PO Box 216, Aquebogue NY 11931. We will send email confirmations and reminders before each pickup date. If you sign up now and discover that you can’t make the specific dates we have chosen, you may withdraw from the program before the first pickup and receive a full refund.