My friend Caitlin is a member of the Williamsburg-Greenpoint CSA. Her solution to weekly egg pickups – become friends with the frittata.
Potato and Onion Frittata
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 baking potato, 8 ox, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- coarse salt and pepper
- 5 large eggs
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/2 c whole flat leaf parsley
1. In medium 10" nonstick broiler proof skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil on M Add onion, potato, rosemary; season with s&p; toss to combine.
2. Cover skillet and cook fro 10 minutes. uncover. Toss mixture occasionally until onions and potatoes are tender 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile in medium bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, parsley 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
4. Heat broiler with rack set 4 inches from heat.
5. Add remaining oil to skillet. Pour in egg mixture.
6. Cook on stove over low heat lifting mixture a few times around the edges with a spatula to let egg flow underneath. cook until frittata is almost set in center 10 minutes.
7. Place skillet in broiler until frittata is set and top is lightly golden brown 3 minutes run clean spatula around the edges to loosen then slide the frittata out onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges.