Michael Anthony’s Fork-Crushed Potatoes courtesy of New York Magazine, March 2007
- 1 lb. Purple Potatoes, washed
- 4 small shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons good extra-virgin olive oil
- Fleur de sel to taste
- White pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
2) Place potatoes in a large bowl and, using a fork, gently smash them, maintaining a fairly chunky consistency.
3) Fold in minced shallots, lemon juice, olive oil, fleur de sel, and white pepper.
4) Finish with parsley. Serves 4.