Dear CSA members,
Thanks to all of those who filled out our recent survey! We are pleased to share the results with you and tell you about our next steps.
· We had 73 responses to the survey, 67 of whom were 2010 KWTCSA members
· 63 of the respondents are planning on participating this year, and 10 not sure
· 49% of respondents prefer a weekday evening pickup
· 59% prefer an earlier Saturday pickup
With 36 people preferring a weekday pickup, we have enough interest to continue to pursue this option. None of the current core members are able to manage distribution during the week. We will need 4 CSA members to agree to oversee distributions; they will work distribution once a month throughout the season. If you are interested in joining the core group in this role, please respond to this email. We won’t be able to offer a weekday pick-up without these critical additional core members. In the meantime, we will both work with the farmer on this possibility and on securing a weekday distribution space.
We will also move ahead on the prospect of an earlier pick-up, working with our farm and the garden to see what is possible.
In addition to more details about pick-up preferences, there were many great ideas and suggestions for the 2011 season, including:
· There were several requests to stop wrapping the flowers in plastic sleeves. We had already asked the farm to discontinue this practice, and it looks like it they won’t be wrapped in plastic this year.
· More events like the canning workshop
· Requests about receiving more or less of particular items and more accurate and timely info about what will be in the week’s share, and feedback on quality, all of which will be passed on to the farmers.
· Requests to buy bread, dairy or meat through the CSA. Last year we surveyed members about offering Hot Bread Kitchen items through the CSA. We didn’t have enough interest, but we can revisit it and interest in dairy for this year. We don’t offer meat as Lewis Waite farm already has a pick-up in KWT (information about it can be found here: http://www.csalewiswaitefarm.com/about.aspx.)
· Suggestions for pick-ups like a swap box, managing the lines, ensuring that we don’t run out of items or have excess of other items.
Thanks again for your input! Sign-up information for the 2011 season coming soon!
The KWTCSA Core Group