It’s that time again – 2011 CSA sign-up is now open!
We are pleased to be able to offer two pick-up options for 2011:
Wednesdays from 4-6 p.m. at the East 4th Street Community Garden. Members are asked to commit to one volunteer shift during the season; Wednesday shifts are from 3:45 to 6:15 p.m. Pick-ups begin Wednesday, June 8th and end on Wednesday, November 16th.
Saturdays from 10:30 a.m. – noon at the East 4th Street Community Garden. Members are asked to commit to one volunteer shift during the season (which may be on either Wednesday or Saturday); Saturday shifts are from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Pick-ups begin Saturday, June 11th and end on Saturday, November 19th.
This year our farm, Garden of Eve, is offering online sign up:http://csa.farmigo.com/
Please read through the instructions below for the online form:
1. Pick-up Site - Choose your location and pick-up day. You must chose either Wednesday or Saturday.
2. Share - Choose your vegetable share: full (every week), half (every other week), full combo (vegetables, fruit, eggs and flowers every week with a discount over ordering these options individually), half combo (vegetables, fruit, eggs and flowers every other week with a discount over ordering these options individually).
3. Options - Add additional options to your share: full or half shares of flowers, eggs or fruit.
4. Contact Info - Set-up an account with your email address and password and provide your contact info. We will use the email addresses to create our 2011 mailing list so please provide the best address to contact you.
5. Payment information - You can either pay all at once or choose to pay in four monthly installments.
Online payment is via electronic payment from your checking account or by credit card; if you prefer to pay by check, follow the instructions under "phone" to preregister with Eve. For members with half shares, you can indicate in this section your preference for an A week (beginning Wed., June 8th or Sat., June 11th) or B week (beginning Wed., June 15th or Sat., June 18th) and we will try to accommodate you.
This year Garden of Eve will collect KWT CSA’s $15 administration fee for us, alleviating the long line during the first week’s pick-up. The fee is used for expenses like tables and scales, offsetting the Garden’s cost for hosting our pick-ups, and a membership contribution to Just Food, which has been instrumental in setting up our CSA and providing ongoing tools and training.
Volunteer signup will be online this year: more information will be forthcoming closer to the season opening.
More information about the season, including Garden of Eve’s CSA member agreement, can be found at their site: http://www.
We will also hold three orientation meetings to answer any questions about the season you may have:
- Sunday, April 3rd at 3:00 p.m. at the E. 4th Street Community Garden (rain location: Brooklyn Commune, 601 Greenwood Ave.)
- Thursday, April 7th at 7:00 p.m. at Brooklyn Commune, 601 Greenwood Ave.)
- Wednesday, April 13th at 4:30 p.m. at the E. 4th Street Community Garden (rain location: Brooklyn Commune, 601 Greenwood Ave.)
In the meantime, please reply directly to email@example.com with any questions!
The KWT CSA Core Group