* 2 Tbsps butter
* 1 Tbsp olive or other neutral oil
* 1 pound baby turnips, more or less, with the greens trimmed off (if the turnips you're dealing with are a little larger, cut them into quarters)
* Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
* 1/4 cup white wine or broth
* 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar or other vinegar
* 1 tsp sugar
* Minced fresh parsley leaves for garnish
1. Combine the butter and oil in a medium to large skillet that can later be covered; turn the heat to medium. When the butter melts, add the turnips and cook, stirring, until they are coated with butter, just a minute or two longer. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add the remaining ingredients, except the garnish, stir, and cover. Turn the heat to low and cook until the turnips are barely tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Uncover and raise the heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring, until the turnips are glazed and the liquid is syrupy, another few minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning, garnish, and serve.