It’s that time again – 2013 CSA sign-up is open!
The Kensington Windsor Terrace CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) offers two pick-up options:
Wednesdays 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm at the East 4th Street Community Garden. Members are asked to commit to one volunteer shift during the season; Wednesday shifts are from 3:30 to 6:15 p.m. Pick-ups begin Wednesday, June 5 and end on Wednesday, November 13th.
Saturdays 10:30 am – 12:00 pm at the East 4th Street Community Garden. Members are asked to commit to one volunteer shift during the season (which may be on either Wednesday or Saturday); Saturday shifts are from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Pick-ups begin Saturday, June 8 and end on Saturday, November 16.
Our farm, Garden of Eve, is offering online sign up:
Please read through the instructions below for the online form:
1. Pick-up Site
- Choose your location (Kensington/Windsor Terrace)
- Choose your pick-up day (Saturday or Wednesday)
2. Choose your vegetable share:
- Weekly or Bi-weekly Vegetable Share
- Weekly or Bi-weekly Combo (vegetables, fruit, eggs & flowers with a discount over ordering these options individually)
- Weekly or Bi-weekly Vegaholic Share (NEW! double the vegetables for less than twice the price)
3. Optional Add-on shares - fruit, eggs, flowers, meat, cheese
4. Terms - You can either pay all at once or choose to pay in 3 installments. Online payment is via electronic payment from your checking account or by credit card.
5. Contact Info - Set-up an account with your email address and password and provide your contact info. We will use the email addresses to create our 2013 mailing list so please provide the best address to contact you.
For members with Bi-Weekly share, you can indicate in this section your preference for an A week (beginning Wed June 5 or Sat June 8) or B week (beginning Wed June 12 or Sat June 15) and we will try to accommodate you. We will do our best to accommodate your request. You will be notified of your pick-up week before the season begins.
6. Payment information
Garden of Eve will collect KWT CSA’s $15 administration fee for us. The fee is used for expenses like tables and scales, offsetting the Garden’s cost for hosting our pick-ups, and a membership contribution to Just Food, which has been instrumental in setting up our CSA and providing ongoing tools and training.
Volunteer signup will be online again this year: more information will be forthcoming closer to the season opening.
More information about the season, including Garden of Eve’s CSA member agreement, can be found at their site: http://www.
We will also hold three orientation meetings to answer any questions about the season you may have:
- Wednesday, April 17 at 4:00 pm at Brooklyn Commune, 601 Greenwood Ave.
- Wednesday, April 17 at 7:00 pm at Brooklyn Commune, 601 Greenwood Ave.
- Saturday, April 20 at 12:00 p.m. at the E. 4th Street Community Garden
In the meantime, please reply directly to email@example.com with any questions!
The KWT CSA Core Group