Please note, 2015 sliding scale enrollment is now closed. We welcome you to apply in early 2016 for the summer 2016 season! See below for more information about our sliding scale membership.
Kensington/Windsor Terrace CSA (Community Supported Agriculture farm share) is happy to offer a number of reduced price shares for the 2015 season for those unable to pay the full membership cost. Please apply by May 15th.
Quick facts about sliding scale:
- Sliding scale farm shares are identical to full price biweekly vegetable shares and carry the same volunteer requirement (one shift per season)
- Sliding scale members sign up for the whole season, like full price members, and they can choose Wednesday or Saturday pickup
- For those eligible, sliding scale shares are offered on a first-come first-served basis at 25% or 50% discount, with the option to pay in six monthly installments for the full season commitment
- Eligibility is based on income and household size
- The CSA is also subsidizing a limited number of 10% discounts on biweekly vegetable shares for members with financial hardship who don't meet the income requirements for sliding scale shares
- Sliding scale scale members can pay at the beginning of the season or by check in six monthly installments
- Sliding scale members who want to add additional items onto their discounted vegetable share (e.g. fruit, eggs) can add these items at full price, but they must pay all charges via Farmigo: either in one credit card payment or in three monthly auto-debit installments at the beginning of the season. Unfortunately, the up-front cost to the sliding scale fund means that we cannot offer discounts on add-on items, and we don't have a way to administer the monthly payment plan for shares that include these items.
- Learn more about Garden of Eve's CSAs at the farm's website
These discounts are made possible by support from Garden of Eve Farm and other KWTCSA members. We are unable to accept payment by EBT, but we hope that allowing payment for sliding scale shares in monthly installments will make the share accessible to more community members.
To apply for a discount, please fill out sliding scale membership application.
You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.